Clear all

Pictures of my Fingers

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Yeah, eventually stuff like that doesn't even matter. I used to use the ring finger, but now I use the pinky. Do it how you feel comfortable.

That doesn't apply to all chords though. For example, if you used the pinky for a D chord, when you want to go from D to Dsus4, it would be a lot less convienient.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Yeah, eventually stuff like that doesn't even matter. I used to use the ring finger, but now I use the pinky. Do it how you feel comfortable.

That doesn't apply to all chords though. For example, if you used the pinky for a D chord, when you want to go from D to Dsus4, it would be a lot less convienient.

right. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

My fingers had a tendancy to collapse like yours. They don't any more. I attribute this to building strength in my fingers.
I almost always use the 234 fingering for my G chords, seems best for most chord changes.
D chord usually 123 fingering (I really like the D, Dsus4, Dsus2 progression)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

nice pictures. you finger positions are fine. that collasped finger will get stronger, if not, you still will be able to play.

forming a G chord . try this for a change. use your pinky on the E string third fret.
I know it feels uncomfortable.
but from that position you can shift your other fingers up for a C chord...using your index finger on the B string first fret.
you can keep the pinky on the E string third fret.
nice sounding.

Neil Young plays that way often.
it makes for a lush sound chord combination.

finger nail cutting. I keep thenm even and trimmed nicely on my fretting hand. not too long or too short.
I have this ritual...I never trim my nails a day or so before a gig. if I mess up and trim too short it feels weird and somehow, in my mind, it effects my playing.
it's silly. but still.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member

My #3 finger "collapses" playing the G chord, same as yours. I just can't make my hand reach the other strings if I do it the proper tip down way. I do keep trying to do more finger exercises to make my fingers stronger/more limber so I can do it the right way. But for now, I have to go with what works. :D

ReplyQuote
(@juletto)
Eminent Member

hi there,

for years i loved my nails, and i have lovely long one just like yours. but i found that i loved playing the guitar a lot more. i cut my nails in stages so that i only cut them as much as was absolutly necessary.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2