Clear all

Playing and singing

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@lutzl)
Topic starter  

:?:

I have trouble playing my guitar and actually singing the song. Is this skill something you have to be "born with" or can it be developed?

Can I expect the same dynamic if I buy a harmonica and try to play it along with my guitar?

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

It takes practice to play and sing. You'll probably have a similar problem with a harmonica, but not to the same extent, since the harmonica takes less brain power than talking.

ReplyQuote
(@rockspy3)
Eminent Member

Yea im having the same problem. Any suggestions of what to do.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Start simple with a song that you know backwards and forward. Something down tempo with no complicated strumming patterns. Then slowly build up to more and more complicated songs.

Thats how I have been doing it at least. I still have some problems, but that mostly comes from not knowing all the words to a song.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

I posted the same question a couple of days ago for a song i am learning......

it was advised (as usual and good advice) that "practice" will do it, even if you don't think so right now.

Even just one verse at a time until you don't lose your strumming pattern while doing it. It is slowly working for me and like everything with guitar.........things will come faster and faster and get easier as we go along. The first time we learn something always takes the longest.

Keep practicing. :-)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

https://www.guitarnoise.com/singing.php

Try "If I only had another brain"

ReplyQuote