Skip to content
Strumming Pattern f...

Notifications
Clear all

Strumming Pattern for You'll Acompany Me...Bob Seger?

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I am trying to figure out the strumming pattern for Bob Seger's Someday Lady You'll Acompany Me...I think it's like this DU D D...here is the tab:
YOU?LL ACCOMP?NY ME
Bob Seger

INTRO: A E A E

VERSE:
A E A E
Gypsy wind is blowin? warm tonight
A E A E
The sky is starlit and the time is right
A E A E
And still you?re tellin? me you have to go
A E A E A E
Before you leave there?s something you should know
A E A E
Yeah... something you should know babe

I?ve seen you smilin? in the summer sun
I?ve seen your long hair flyin? when you run
I?ve made my mind up that it?s meant to be
Someday lady you?ll accomp?ny me

CHORUS:
A D A
A E
Out where the rivers meet the sounding sea
A D A
You?re high above me now, you?re wild and free, ah but
A E A E
A E A E
Someday lady you?ll accomp?ny me yeah

Some people say that love?s a losin? game
You start with fire but you lose the flame
The ashes smolder but the warmth?s soon gone
You end up cold and lonely on your own

I?ll take my chances babe, I?ll risk it all
I?ll win your love or I?ll take the fall
I?ve made my mind up girl, it?s meant to be

It?s written down somewhere, it?s got to be
You?re high above me flyin? wild and free
Oh but someday lady you?ll accomp?ny me

Out where the rivers meet the sounding sea
I feel it in my soul, it?s meant to be
Oh someday lady you?ll accomp?ny me
You will accomp?ny me, yeah

I know you will accomp?ny me
Ahh, someday lady
Ohh, someday lady
You?re gonna accomp?ny me now
You?re gonna walk with me and talk with me
Yeah
Yeah
Oh, gonna accomp?ny me
Gonna accomp?ny me
Someday...

It seems fairly simple to play plusI think its a good song to work on strumming patterns and simple chord progressions...This way I won't get bored with just doing basic "drills" (which I do those as well!).

Anyone have an idea for the strumming pattern? Plus if you knowwhere is a good place to start the metronome that wouldbe great as well.

Thanks

(@Anonymous)

OK..I can't believe I'm doing this but here is a recording of me ATTEMPTING this song...I had to record it with my electric through Guitar Port but I set it to acoustic...

Please keep in mind I have only been playing for 2 weeks! You can hear where I missed the chords and I think my tempo speeds up a bit...

Please let me know what you think..and BE NICE :oops: !!

http://www.mikespe.com/guitar/me_seger.mp3

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Sorry I don't know all the notes yet...andI thought I WAS playing the F# on the E string?..I am using the barre A chord...it seems easier than the 123

Thx

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I see what you are saying since the index finger is on the same string for both the A and E chords it would make sense...but for me the change is easier with the barre...which I don't understand why?

Plus, I know the high E string is supposed to be muted for the A chord and that's hard to do with the 123

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Mikespe, it does sound nice especially for 2 weeks of playing.

By the way, you don't have to mute the high e for the A chord as it is just another e that is acceptable in the chord and does give a nice ring. If anything you would mute the low E. The only reason I am pointing this out is using the 123 method for the A the change between A and E is much easier and cleaner in the long run. However, it is good to know multiple ways of fretting any chord.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Nils...

I have tried the 213 (sorry I said 123 originally) and my fingers just tangle on one another...I can't seem to slide the index finger up to the first fret...

Plus as KV pointed out...the A6 happens to sound more like the original song..at least to me. If you have the song listen to it..I know the tab says A but fretting that high E sounds much better...

I'll keep trying it your way nils but that's goinf ro be a BIG challenge for me..

If you know the song try it and let me know what you think? You are an expert so see which way is easier for you..

Thanks

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Mikespe. I do agree with you. For this song the A6 does sound much richer and closer to the song then the A.

I was only suggesting that in the long haul you will need to learn to get comfortable with the 213 or 123 fingering of the A without muting the high e since it will be needed. Actually if you can barre fret the A chord without muting the high e then that is also acceptable. The bottom line is you need to do it in whatever way is best for you and as long as you get the chord to ring accurately and you can change quickly it does not matter how you do it.

Your making good progress and thats whats most important.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thx nils...I appreciate all your help...and I do understand variation is KEY to being successful with the guitar...the more versitle you are the better player you will be...that's what I tell my students about being an athlete...same applies...

My goal today was to just get that strumming pattern down...I think I got it but I need work fretting the chords...but at least now I have an actual SONG I can practice and not just drills...this was my problem seven years ago when I tried to play...I couldn't play anything I knew and of course I got bored and frustrated...now in 2 weeks I am playing Bob Seger, Jimi Hendrix Star-Spangled Banner, Smoke on the Water...I am SOOO motivated to play now...That's what was missing before....even though I can't play the whole songs they are stepping stones for me...and I think almost EVERYONE who picks up a guitar starts out wanting to play their favorite bands music...its only natural...I don't know of too many people who get excited about the Major Pentatonic Scale!

Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The point is you are progressing.
You WILL need to be able to play a proper A chord as that is a very commonly used chord in alot of songs. But that will come in time.
If you think things are grand now.
Wait a few months. The fingers will no longer be very sore, they will go where you want them with much more ease. you will play and switch between most basic open chords without a second thought. You will be able to play passable versions of some of your favorite songs first time you see the music for it (chords, tab, whatever)
Yes, you are on a roll, keep it going.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

You know, I was listening to this song today and I am not sure I have the strumming right? There are cymbals that are confusing me? If anyone has this song if you could please give me a rough estimate of the strumming pattern. I know that there is some filler strums in the song but I just want the basic pattern to build from.

Thanks

ReplyQuote