power tabs

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,

I've been working on Santana's "Love of My Life", and have kinda flowing. Unfortunately, I've never actually heard the song, and only can find the tab for it. Just wondering if anyone can point me towards a power tab file or guitar pro file.

I've searched mstabs, tab universe, Ultimate guitar tab, olga, and guitartab.com, where I've found power tab and guitarpro files for a bunch of his stuff.

Thank,

1st

(@corbind)
Noble Member

I hate playing songs I've never heard. Therefore, when a song is presented to me, I download the song (.mp3) and work on it from there. It's only a dollar a song. That way you can practice along with the song.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

Unfortunately, I've never actually heard the song, and only can find the tab for it.
Maybe this short clip will get you started.

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks,

that clip really does give my a better feel for the song. Now I've gotta go practice some more.

1st

ReplyQuote
(@jocko)
Trusted Member

Unless you require to learn a song to play with other musicians, or unless it's a set piece exercise, why would anyone want to learn a song they don't know? With millions of songs out there surely there are more than enough you know and would love to play. I know my reason for learning a song is because I heard it and liked it.

45 years playing and still rubbish.

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I know it's probably weird to learn a song I don't know at all. I like Santanas sound and style, so I was looking for sheet music for his stuff. I did find a bunch that I'm gonna learn. Because I'm a beginner, I just as intrested in doing things to build skills as well as learning songs.

A lot of stuff I want to learn is just impossible right now, so I take parts of songs and work on "bite size" pieces.

1st

ReplyQuote