Clear all

Q about modeling amp/built-in effects

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@the-sarge)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey all! I'll be getting me a Squier Tele for Christmas, now I'll need an amp! I like the idea of modeling amps and played around with a couple (Zoom, VOX valvetronix). Can someone give me a suggestion as to which might be better? I'd like to keep in under $200, which shouldn't be hard during the after Christmas sales!! Thanks in advance.

Living is easy with eyes closed--misunderstanding all you see.

(@Anonymous)

Nils just got the Behringer V-Ampire and seems to like it...I played with this amp at the store and I liked it for the short time I used it. I have a Behringer GMX210 with some nice effects but I hooked my V-Amp 2 to it and it rocks...I got both of them from eBay.

Alot of people here like the Vox amps but I don't have any experience with them. I also have a Roland MicroCube which is GREAT so you may want to check out Roland's larger amps.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I played a vox AD15 today. For the price, it worked quite well. If you can find one of it's larger brethern (AD30 or AD50) on sale, even better.

Have to add that Roland also makes very good, very well built amps and worth checking out as well.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote