qeustions

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@chrisdawson)
Topic starter  

i gots a couple of qeustions;

how long it take you to learn the guitar,

can someone please simplify the finger pistioning for the cards (wth links, pictures, or just explaining it)

thats about it

cheers-
chris dawson

dead men tell no tales

(@burgermeister)
Eminent Member

...how long it take you to learn the guitar,

can someone please simplify the finger pistioning for the cards (wth links, pictures, or just explaining it)

Don't know that there is any real answer to that. I think you are continually learning how to play the instrument no matter how long you play. How long until you can play something that sounds like music? That depends upon you, how much you practice and I'd say how much of a musical background you have. You're age might be a factor as well. Old farts like me seem to take a little longer to get the fingers to move where they are supposed to.

My 16 year old was playing open position chords and strumming along to some popular tunes within about 3 months. He seemed to be doing fairly well, but gave it up after 4 months. Others are quicker, others slower.

Your second question about chords (I think). Go to this link:

http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/

Pick the "guitar room easy" tab, allow it to preload - then go searching for chords. Gives you the neck position, which fingers to fret with, which strings to play, etc.

ReplyQuote
(@chrisdawson)
Topic starter  

cheers

dead men tell no tales

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

To put it simply, there's pretty much ALWAYS going to be somthing to learn. It depends on if you reach satisfaction with your playing. You might not want to/need to grow any more and can just go on and learn song after song.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote