Clear all

question about Blueridge

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@winter-now)
Topic starter  

hi! I'm new here and am looking for some advice

I've been playing acoustic for about 6 months now and am pretty dedicated, so I'm going to stick with it (am looking to buy an electric as well). I've been borrowing a guitar until now and am looking to buy a good acoustic for myself. I've found a used Blueridge BR 60 dreadnought for under $200 but had a couple questions.

1. will it accomodate anything other than bluegrass? (i've read reviews and was wondering if it's strictly suited for that kind of guitar playing) 2. is a used (2 years old) Blueridge okay if I plan to play this thing every day?

thanks

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It isn't the guitar that dictates what you can play, it's your fingers. So yes you can play fingerstyle, flatpicking or with your teeth.

It sure should stand up to it. I've got a guitar 109 years old that still plays fine and several that are youngsters at over 30 that hold their own

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

From what I have heard and read, the Blueridge makes nice guitars. I think Gryphon Stringed Instruments carries them, so they can't be that bad :)

According to a link from the web:
Blueridge BR-60 Dreadnought
Retail $550.00
Pickin Parlor Price $385.95
Click on image for enlarged photo of BR-60

A solid Sitka Spruce top with prewar style bracing
Back, sides and peghead overlay of Brazilian Rosewood. Ornate pearl inlay in peghead and fingerboard. Back center strip of delicate wood marquetry. Vintage style enclosed tuning machines with "butterbean" buttons, triple nickel plated. Natural High Gloss Finish.

$200 seems like a great deal for a 2-year old guitar. I bought my Seagull used for about the same price and it was a few years old as well. I'm sure it will stand up to playing everyday. That should probably be the least of your worries. :)

As long as you like the way it sounds and it doesn't have any obvious problems, you should go for it.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

for under 200 you cant go wrong with a Blueridge.
and play what you want on it.

nice find.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote