Clear all

quick Question

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@infamous16)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Im sorta a beginner, i just have one quick question. My cube 30 isnt loud enough when i play with my friends. It is a 30W amp. I was wondering if the more watts the louder it can be. Like those little power blocks are like 150w or 75w and there really small. If not, why does watts matter, and how come most of the same size amps are the same watts? Thanks for the heads up!

blah.

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Yeah...Usually the more watts, the louder. However, 40 Watt tube amp is more than loud enough to get over a drummer.

Tell your friends to turn it down a bit. 30 should be enough unless you are doing a gig.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've got a Fender FM212R that's 100 watt, but I don't even have to go past 3 to be heard with my son when he's on the drums.....and he beats on the things.

Given that, I gotta go with Taso on this one, or if they won't turn theirs down, you'll have to fight volume with volume. Get the 40 watt tube and sound louder and better. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@infamous16)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks, ill see what happens when we play with our new drummer....maybe i need a pedal to help the volume get up a bit.

blah.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Also try getting your amp up off the floor. Put it on a chair, or tilt it back so you can hear it more directly.

And as above - keep the volume levels sane.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

what laz said. i used to be in a loud band, and with the amp on the floor, it was mud. with it on a table pointed at my head, i was fine. i could even turn down.

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Thats odd, I have a 15watt Orange and it is more than loud enough to be heard over a drummer, even at half it's volume.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

perhaps you need to turn up the volume on the guitar? :lol:

ReplyQuote