Clear all

Rope burn.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@saber)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Alright, not rope burn, but string burn sounds stupid.

It's been a while since it's hurt my fingers to fret chords, even for long periods, but I've been trying to write a song that involves a lot of slides and it burns the hell out of my finger. It seems that since I already have a callous for fretting the stings that it would work for friction as well, and if it doesn't then it's not going to.

Anyways, my question is, should I just keep going at it and wait till it doesn't hurt so much, or should I put something over the finger thats doing all the sliding. For some reason it's mostly one finger.

Thanks!!!

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You might try Finger Ease. It helps reduce finger tenderness, also cleans and protects strings which makes them last longer. What about getting a small slide for your pinky and use that on the slide parts.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Are you sliding with the part of the finger that fingers solos, or are you sliding the part of the finger that frets a chord? It's not necessarily the same part of the finger and will need practice.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Finger ease eyy? I'll check it out.

The part that I fret chords with. Which part do you solo with? I can't actually do anything even resembling soloing yet.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hope the Finger Ease helps I certainly use a enough of it.

I had rope burns once but it wasen't from playing guitar....lol

Joe

ReplyQuote