Clear all

Scale patterns

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@incognito167)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Is there a website that shows all of the fingering patterns for the major, minor, pentatonics and blues scales?

I know that pentatonics have some kind of box pattern and sliding patterns, are there any similar ones for the other scales.

Then i can start to practise them and commit them to memory and then i'll be able to play any scale in any way i choose.

This coupled with my learning the fretboard relationships and musical theory should set me up for some decent playing.

I hope you understand what i'm looking for, if not i'll clarify.

Thanks for your help.
Mart.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Here is one good source,
http://www.cyberfret.com/scales/index.php
Yes all scales have patterns on the guitar and yes you can play from a pattern but don't make the mistake of just playing patterns without knowing exactly what you are playing (ie.. for practice name each note while you play a pattern)
I just hate to see someone play Tabs and scale patterns but don't have any idea what they are actually playing.

ReplyQuote
(@briank)
Estimable Member

When you feel like taking over the world with an awesome vocabulary of scales, check out this website:
http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html

"All I see is draining me on my Plastic Fantastic Lover!"

ReplyQuote
(@incognito167)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your help.

Missileman - i fully plan not to just learn by rote, but by integrating fretboard knowledge, music/scale theory with learning fingering patterns. The website you suggested had exactly what i wanted ie finger patterns for guitar, but it only showed 2 for each scale. I'm looking for somewhere with a complete set for each types of scale. Know anywhere that shows that?

Thanks again for you help.
Mart.

ReplyQuote
(@ambush)

u can check ot softwares for learning scales

guitarpower
guitarcalculator
guitaralchemist

also guitarpro

ReplyQuote
(@briank)
Estimable Member

The Chord House website I posted shows the entire fretboard (12 frets) for every scale. You just have to figure out how to divide the whole fretboard into smaller patterns that are easier to commit to memory.

"All I see is draining me on my Plastic Fantastic Lover!"

ReplyQuote
(@incognito167)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Cool Briank.

Since i can't find a complete set of patterns on the net, i've been creating my own. I've just finished doing the box pattens for the major scale (which i think should be the same for the minor scale - you just use them in a different order.)

I've just got to proof read it, and then i'll post it here for you all to look at, critique and improve upon.

Once i've got feedback on that, i'll re-jig it for the minor scale, and create ones major and minor pentatonics and blues scale.

I'm sure someone must have done this before, and i feel like i'm re-inventing the wheel, but having said that, when i'm making them it gives me a little better understanding of the board and its relationships.

Mart.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's a few I did when some asked about the some queation.

Scale_tabs 1

Scale_tabs 2

joe

ReplyQuote