Clear all

Set ups

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mr-blue-eyes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

When I first brought by guitar back in January I knew nothing about setting up guitars in fact I never heard of it. So I didn't, well wasn't offered by the store and now the store has since closed down, now 6/7 mouths down the line I've noticed "problems" with the sound and playability. The most noticeable by the low E ring far louder than any of the other strings and that the B/G stings sound very faint when I play any note along the fretboard. I checked the in tonal and their sharp on all of the strings.

My question is would a set up improve the overall sound and how much would it cost to have it set up by a professional? (British currency)

(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Usually a good setup will improve the playablity of a guitar and often the sound you make. Most shops that sell guitars will do a setup, but I'd suggest you ask some locals who does the best job. On this side of the pond I've paid $35 for a six strings setup and $65 for a 12.

ReplyQuote
(@mr-blue-eyes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Cheers Causnorign, much appreciated :) . I'll take it down to the other local guitar store and get them to give it the once over.

ReplyQuote