Clear all

setting up your amp

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bluesfloyd)
Topic starter  

hi guys,
I want to understand how you would set/use your guitar volume when playing???? also how do you setup your amp, using the bass/treble/ mid controls for best tone, thanks for your help,

all the best, bluesfloyd

(@alangreen)

When playing, I keep my guitar's volume up on 10 - no point in it being anywhere else.

Between songs, getting the next piece of music on the stand etc, I turn it down to 0 - that way there's no chance of extraneous noise.

My electric guitar work is done with a proper Big Band - treble up on 80% to give a nice clear top end, bass up on 40% to give some body, and the mids on 50-60% so I can be heard in the mix.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@bluesfloyd)
Topic starter  

hi guys,
many thanks for the above posts, lots of advice for me to try,i am sure i can get my amp tone sounding better now,

all the best, bluesfloyd.

ReplyQuote
(@thumpalumpacus)

I set up my amp with the guitar's volume at seven or so, that way I can get more gain with the twist of a finger. For Gibson-style guitars, I set the amp up with the neck pickup in mind for lead. For Strats, I set the amp up for pos. 2 (neck & middle).

As for how I set the amp's tone controls, that pretty much depends on what sort of sound I want, as well as the room I'm playing in.

ReplyQuote