Clear all

Sheet music help

28 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Another question. Db is one half step lower than D and C# is one half step higher than C. You would think that if C is higher than D then C# would even higher than that from Db. But instead they are close to the same pitch. Why is that?

Sorry for all the questions on this, but this is making my brain hurt.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

YOU!?!?!? :shock:

Have a heart.

Some if us, (okay, me) are looking for the Tylenol just trying to absorb and understand half of this knowledge.

Whoever said knowledge is painful was right. If nobody said it then you heard if here first. :P

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

C# and Db are the same note.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Missleman said they are close to the same note. But what confuses me is: If I go a half step up from C and a half step down from D, how do I end up at the same note?

Edit: Nevermind. I just got how that works. C is lower than D. Had it backwards. I knew I was missing something simple. This is why I'm no good with the names of notes.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I can never get to read sheet music.Seems very tough :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

onewingedangel , is this avatar photo is yourself. :?:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I wish I was rockin out on a stage with a guitar as nice as that one. No, it's Morgan Lander from Kittie.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Where are you learning sheet music from ?Do you have a book or are you learning from internet.If internet can you plz give the link. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I used to know how to read sheet music but have since forgotten how to. But this site:

http://www.musicmasterworks.com/index.htm

has a game called Note Attack, which helped me learn. The game comes with a help file that teaches how to play and how to read the music. It helps me read the music and force me to process what note it is at a decent speed.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Where are you learning sheet music from ?Do you have a book or are you learning from internet.If internet can you plz give the link. 8)
John,
Look for a beginner book that teaches you the notes on each string (some books teach notes first some teach chords)
It will be tedious as you are already past that stage but in the proccess of learning the notes you are also learning to read standard musical notation.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Tom has a lesson on standard notation
https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=531
You should be able to find some sheet music on the web to practice it.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Tom has a lesson on standard notation
https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=531
You should be able to find some sheet music on the web to practice it.

I have seen that article.Its good but there are a lot of blank or rather incomplete pictures out there.It gets confusing.Has tom used java ?

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I submit the articles in Word - I think David and/or Paul does the formatting. When I looked at it this morning, all the images were there.

If I were to go to the effort of coding java, putting it up on my website formatted, and then seeing if GN wanted to mirror the page.... methinks I'd be better off spending that time putting it in a book and selling it :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2