Notifications
Clear all

Signed: Not meant to play an electric

19 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Electrics amplify your mistakes? I was told they hide mistakes. I'm all confused now.

Dirty and overdriven, an electric might hide one's mistakes. But play anything clean and chimey (classic Fender + Fender) and you and your mistakes are pretty much naked to the world. An acoustic guitar -- especially a 12 string -- is a much more forgiving instrument than a played-clean electric.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Oh ok. My amp doesn't have distortion so I'm good. Well no I'm not, I like distortion. Oh well, Christmas and Birthday is around the corner, so I'll fix that.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I have no idea which is easier for learning, acoustic or electric but I chose to start on an electric because of the wider range of tones.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Jim,

I understand where you are coming from, but I found out two things about myself in the process.

1) Acoustic - I have to sit. I can't play my best standing up.

2) Electric - I have to stand. I can't play my best sitting down.

Weird, but true! I find my arm hangs in the right spot while sittin' pickin' my acoustics, but I have to stand to get that same comfort level with my electrics.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Tracker said.....

1) Acoustic - I have to sit. I can't play my best standing up .

2) Electric - I have to stand. I can't play my best sitting down.

Weird, but true! I find my arm hangs in the right spot while sittin' pickin' my acoustics, but I have to stand to get that same comfort level with my electrics.

Exactly the same for me.....I hate to sit down playing electric, and I can't play barres on an acoustic stood up....strange huh!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2