Clear all

Singing and playing?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

When i try to sing and pla at the same time, i either screw up my playing or sound like ashlee simpson if she was a guy :oops:. Does anybody else have the same problem or do i have a disability?

Stairway to Freebird!

(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Singing and playing simulataneously is not the easiest thing to do. No, I don't think your alone on that.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Nick wrote an article on this. "If I had another Brain" do a search for it. (Can't say how many pluggs I alone have given this one article, haha)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

i would love to be able to do just one of the things you mentioned

:D :D :D :D

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Salvation comes in the shape of our very own Nick Torres

Clickety click

Everything you wanted to know about singing and playing at the same time, and about how the dinosaurs invented drums. This one doesn't mention anything about little sausages in tins - I'll let you find that for yourself.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

whew.. i thought i was the only one... :oops: Thanks for the article.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@abbottcl)

just like everything else with the guitar ... it takes practice practice practice.

One thing I do is:
Try getting your playing up to speed with a cd for the song you are working on. Get to the point where you can anticipate the changes, no longer needing to see the tabs. Then add your voice. Then get it close to being in key. Then watch as with every passing song, it gets easier and easier. (Ok, maybe not the singing in key part, but hey, Neil Young has made a career out of it).

ReplyQuote