Clear all

Slowing down music

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

ineed some program which can slow down music tracs so it will be easier to learn them. Preferably free. Can anyone help?

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Windows media Player 9 will slow music down. Most recording software will have this option. There is also a software called "Guitar and Drum Trainer 2". Which is normally one you have to pay for, but right now their going through a transitional period and it free. Then if you like it send them a donation. I haven't had anytime to work with the program. Installing it and trying it out is up to you. Worth a look.

Yes, You'll need to install -Requires .NET 1.1 framework.- Free download)

Guitar and Drum Trainer 2

Joe

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

2 possibilities

1) Windows media player has a playing speed option

2) If they are MP3's or WAV you can import them into Audacity which is a free mixing software package that lets you modify a lot of things including speed. You can find it at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

There are more but I just can't think of what they are right now

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

If you are running Windows the Windows Media Player supposedly can do it. I am running windows NT and it doesn't work but for all the other versions it should.

If you don't have the Media player, you can buy software for like $29.95 that will do it. One is Amazing Slow downer and there's another one Gold wave or something I can't remember the name but they are about the same price.

Or you can download the PowerTab player or the Guitar Pro player and then download the midi files to play. Most of the tabs for these players are much more accurate than regular tab and you can slow them down speed them up and with the Guitar Pro you can mute other tracks to just hear the guitar or mute the guitar and play along.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote