Notifications
Clear all

Strings Buzzing

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jet13)
Topic starter  

Hey everybody, i've tried searching for this but i can't find exactly what i'm looking for. Anyway i have a Talor Big Baby that i got from Musicians Friend so i never had it set up. Whenever i play chords (especially Am and C) or individual strings and my fingers move or even slightly lift up (to change chords) the strings buzz. It's not a bad buzz but just enough that i notice and hear it, anyway it's driving me crazy and i was wondering if i should have it set up or looked at. I've had the guitar and been practicing for about six months and never really noticed the buzzing but recently i've been really trying to focus and improve since i feel like i'm progressing real slow :( Anyway any help would be really appreciated

Music is my religion--Jimi Hendrix

(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Did you recently change strings...maybe going to a lighter or heavier gauge?

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Did you recently change strings...

And if not or ever..??? Its time to get some fresh wires for that GIT! :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@jet13)
Topic starter  

I haven't changed them yet, they came with Elixer light gauge and i think i'm going to get the same ones to replace them. Thanks so far for the replies :)

Music is my religion--Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

Shouldn't be a problem with a taylor, but my el cheapo acoustic does that because the strings have ate through the plastic nut and causing the buzzing on the second and third strings. Probably not your problem, but it sounds (no pun intended) like they might be similar, and might give you an idea on something to look at.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote