Notifications
Clear all

**Stupid Question Alert** - Straplocks?

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I put straplocks on all my guitars. I have never dropped a guitar on the floor, but I have had my guitar drop while playing and caught it. It always seems to happen at the worst time.

One nice advantage as well is you can quickly switch your strap to another guitar.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

Personally I like the dunlop locks myself but I can't find any in a smoked chrome finish to match my showmaster. :?
they are usefull though. I bought a set for a friend of mine who had had his guitar fixed, it was a charvel wih a reverse jackson style headstock on it, and the strap came off. the first part of it to hit the foor was the e tuner. the tuner pivoted around its ceter shaft, and all the force got transfered to the screw holding it on. which put a big crack in the grain.

:cry:

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

One of the very best kinds of improvised straplocks, truly, are the strong rubber castrating rings used for lambs & calves. :shock: Honestly. If you know any livestock farmers I'm sure they'd give you a handful - bought in bulk they cost very little. When they say "sure, no problem, I'll go grab you a few" - go with them and make sure they get them out of a packet, not just pick up a couple lying around... :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

The fact that they are called "castration rings" may severely limit my interest in using them...

I use the Schaller straplocks on every guitar I own. I think Wes hit on why I like them the most... everytime I place a guitar in a case I don't have to fight with taking the strap off, I just "unplug" the strap from the guitar. Very easy compared to taking thh strap off the buttons.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just wanted to say thanks to everbody that contributed to this thread - I can now happily report:

Strap locked and ready to rock!! 8)

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

... It always seems to happen at the worst time....

Anyone recall that segment in The Last Waltz where Clapton's playing? That should be enough advertisement for anyone to get straplocks. ;)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2