Clear all

Sultan of Swing ;)

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I can't believe I did it. I learned the intro solo and the chords to Sultans of Swing...I feel so Knopfler-ific :D

Let me at that bar so I can play it. :D

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That is quite an accomplishment. Mark Knopfler is a fantastic guitarist.

Where are you playing? I wanna be there. I also want to hear "Money for Nothing" and "So Far Away". :D

And "Walk of Life"!!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I'm not actually playing anywhere outside of my room. And I can't sing and play at the same time. But I'm making progress :D

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Cool. I love that songs, did you pick it up by ear, or do you have a tab you could post a link too.

-Dustin

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I bought a tab book that came with a CD that plays the song really slow so you can pick it up.

It's called "The Guitar Style of Mark Knopfler: A Step-By-Step Breakdown of His Guitar Styles and Techniques".

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/079358129X/qid=1107732284/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/104-2367058-6875964

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Hey Cyranodb congrats, if you get interested in any of the post Dire Straits stuff...
http://www.musicroom.com/Default.aspx
has a couple of tab books not available in North America, they seem perhaps a step below the Hal Leonard ones in quality of tab though still usable (well I hhink I might find them usable in another 2-3 years, but thats just me)
Thanks for the Amazon link.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote