Notifications
Clear all

Quick question

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@the-hogg)
Topic starter  

Does anybody have any suggestions for me. I can like nail my fingers on the guitar at the same time when my right hands strumming it. Any suggestions to help?

sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

I don't quite understand your question? Are you asking for suggestions to help get your fingering hand in-synch with your strumming hand?

If that's it, just realize that it'll ttake some time and much practice. If it's single note playing that you are working on, just go slowly. Practice small passages or 1 octave scales. Just keep practicing.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Could you maybe rephrase the question so we can help you more?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

We are guessing that your hands are not 'working together' yet in synch.....

An exercise that will definitely help is to make it as easy as possible....put your middle finger on the top string only, anywhere on the fretboard and strum. Then inbetween each strum, move that finger up a fret and so on until you reach the first fret, then work your way down fret by fret, strum by strum. This will help to get your hands to work together without complicating it by trying to form chords at the same time. You will notice a huge improvement in a very short time. :D

Also when you first start switching chords or even just switching frets holding the one bass string, it helps to give your strum an upstroke on the first few strings while you are switching chords or frets. This helps make it sound fluent without the pause of silence in between. In time you won't have that time delay inbetween. :D :D

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote