Clear all

Tab and notation templates + some feedback

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jarle)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi. :) Does anyone know where one could find templates for writing tabs and/or notation in/on. I know it shouldn't be too hard to whip something up in Word or Excel, but it would be nice to have something profefesional-looking. :wink:

Alternatively, could someone here be bothered to make something, in for example word, excel or .pdf format? (Again, shouldn't be very difficult, but I cant seem to get it just right :( ). Thanks in advance! :D

Then on to something slightly (understatement of the year? :P ) off-topic:

I think this forum is lacking a feedback (on technical and practical matters) forum for the forum itself (I realise that there is a "suggestions for Guitarnoise" sub-forum, but that seems more like a place for suggestions for the main site itself). When trying to register some months back I got an error message every time I tried to make an account. In addition, the system then "swallowed" the account I tried to register, not accepting logins to that account, but listing it in the memberlist, making it impossible to register the same account again, or logging in with it. A place to report some problems would be nice. :?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find a better place to post this. It seems like most of the sections here are very specific. I think the forum could benefit from some less specific sub-forums, where things not fitting in anywhere else might be posted. Perhaps even an offtopic community forum? No offense intended, please take this just as constructive criticism.

Guitarnoise is great, but there is always room for improvement :wink:

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Try powertab:
Powertab net. As I'm posting this, that site appears to be offline but I'm sure it's only temporary. It's a free download and well worth the price.

If you're having technical problems, e-mail one of the mods. Nick is the administrator and is probably the best guy to contact for technical problems. His e-mail is listed on his profile or in any of his posts.

We've discussed the community forum idea before. The feeling at that time was remain focused on guitar and music. I think that's probably still the general opinion. Some more random stuff does occur on the Opinions and Polls and Games forums.

Welcome to the madhouse!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

There was a problem a few months back with registering and log-ins. It's all fixed now...

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Powertab is great if you want to make tabs on the computer. If you want to write stuff out, which is very pleasant, you can probably find notebooks and loose paper to write on in one of your local music stores. Assuming you live in a decent sized town, anyway. In my part of the world I'd try Music Folk, not that that helps you if you're not in St. Louis or and outlying county. I agree, it would be handy to be able to print that kind of stuff out. I've constructed a nice sheet of quarter tone staff paper (pretty strange, but kind of neat). I might be able to whip something up If I remember. I'm notorius (in my own mind, anyway) for not doing things, so don't hold your breath.

I don't see the need for sub-forums. The forums seem pretty restrictive at first, but somehow bizarre discussions happen anyway. When a topic comes up enough for it to need its own place, our mods are amazingly fast at creating a place for it.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

There is a far more practical reason for not wanting random, gossiip-oriented fora and that is cost. This site is privately funded by it's owner, Paul, and bandwidth has to be paid for. He wants a guitar-related site and is willing to pay for that (fortunately for the rest of us) - I'm sure that he sees no reason for him to pay any extra for non guitar-related nattering.

I really don't understand your problem with paper for tab & standard notation - Google returned 170,000 hits for "blank tab paper". The second site on the list " http://www.blanksheetmusic.net/ " offers all sorts of formats, free of charge. It took me about 20 seconds to find.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jarle)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot. :)

ReplyQuote