Clear all

the easiest song ever ??

19 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rosscopecotrain)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hi people ! im trying to learn "3 doors down - be like that "i love this song and it looked relatively easy for a beginner to learn altho it is quite difficult for me and probably very easy for most of you , but what i was wonderin , in your personal opinion what is the easiest song you have learnt i dont mean like twinkle twinkle im talkin about popular songs that most people have heard of , would be good to know so maybe i could have a crack at them in the future. Thanks

Ross

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

For me the 2 easiest were
Wild Thing by the Troggs
and
Free Falling by Tom Petty

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Smells like team spirit - Nirvana
Blue Monday - Orgy version
Adam's Song - Blink 182

here's a couple for ya!

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Duh! Has anyone ever heard of the out of key version of smoke on the water?!?! On your top string(big E) do 0,3,5 0,3,6,5 0,3,5,3,0 . Yep. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@jimiraysantana)
Eminent Member

Simple Man
Knockin' on heavens door
Where did you sleep last night

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

Horse with no name.
Knockin' on heavens door
Good Riddance

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

Mind you these songs are "considered" to be simple. However, they may prove to be tough if, for instance, you havent gotten the hang of chord changes or the rhythm.

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
(@reasonableman)
Trusted Member

The verses of Wonderwall by Oasis are very easy and pretty contempary imho.

ReplyQuote
(@blind_lemon_pye)
Trusted Member

Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam - Nirvana
She belongs to me - Bob Dylan
Stand by me - Ben E King

If I'm not in the band
Don't mean I'm square
Mercury Rev - Car Wash Air

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

Saves The Day - At Your Funeral
Biffy Clyro - 27
Yourcodenameis:milo - All Roads To Fault

And a lot of Bright Eyes stuff and Ryan Adams stuff is based on very simple chords (e.g. Bright Eyes' "Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh" or Ryan Adams' "So Alive" or "Afraid Not Scared").

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes.

You've heard of two or three chords songs before right..............this is a two string song and most of the time you are just on the A string.

ReplyQuote
(@smudga)
Eminent Member

I learnt Stand by Me - Ben E King first just after Christmas, it was something like G Em C D, I found some basic lesson movies on an Aussie Country music site by a good Oz player called Matt Scullion... the chord progressions just clicked straight away so then I began to trawl the tab sites for songs I knew and liked that used these basic chords or introduced the odd new one... (still having problems with F)

I moved on to a lot of Oasis - Wonderwall, Talk Tonight were the first... I've recently bought the complete Oasis songbook but I don't think you can beat the tab/chord sites to find all kinds of versions of popular choons...

(¯`·._..-SMUDGA-.._.·´¯)
A few clowns short of a circus!!!

ReplyQuote
(@raina)
Eminent Member

I don't know, you get the basics of many songs down cold quickly, i think the difficulties come, when you try nice details, a riff here a riff there.

The first song I could play (and I also liked) was "Nobody's Home" (darn easy) and then i found GuitarNoise and the next few songs were "Horse with no name","Margarita Ville", "Riders on the Storm" and "Hurt", all these are simple (okay Mr. Hodges did a great thing on "Riders on the Storm" else it wouldn't be that cool) and i like them.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Harry Nilsson did a song in the 70s called "Coconut" (She put the lime in the coconut and drank them both up...)

Tab on the internet shows this as two chords, A7 and D7, but I'm pretty sure the original is a SINGLE chord with an alternating bass - it's the only one chord tune I know :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I remember 'Coconut' as a one chord song as well. But I've had an ongoing argument with someone who insists on the A7 - D7 version (probably getting that from the tab on the net). Been looking for some proof, but so far no luck.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2