Notifications
Clear all

the easiest song ever ??

19 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I wasn't about to spend money on it... but I found a preview clip at Amazon. 20 seconds is enough to cover what should be the chord 'change' a couple of times.

The background guitar riff is centered on just three notes, F, Eb, and C. So...

1. The online tabs are not only wrong, they're in the wrong key - so just have your friend play along and see how accurate it is.
2. It's really IS a one-chord song, and that one chord is F7

(I've always done it with E7 - one of those tunes I more or less figured out from memory years ago)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Cool. Thanks, Tom.

Hmm, Looks like I need to up the stakes on this one.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@raina)
Eminent Member

This coconut song must be really easy to transpose.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Harry Nilsson did a song in the 70s called "Coconut" (She put the lime in the coconut and drank them both up...)

Tab on the internet shows this as two chords, A7 and D7, but I'm pretty sure the original is a SINGLE chord with an alternating bass - it's the only one chord tune I know :)

... and it's a good tune (IMHO).

IIRC, dhodge once told me Wings' Helen Wheels is a one chord tune. It also has all its movement in the bass line.

One and two chord tunes not are always the easiest to play, as they will usually rely on a stronger rhythmic component -- something new players often find very challenging. But for those of us poor short term memories they work out pretty well.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2