The river , B Springsteen

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@crazyhorse)
Eminent Member

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looks OK to me - though I'd choose either the C or the Cadd9 chord and use it all the way through for consistency.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@crazyhorse)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

OK Vic , thanks , and another question , what does that mean " basic pattern of bass-bass-1-3-2-1 "

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Looks OK to me - though I'd choose either the C or the Cadd9 chord and use it all the way through for consistency.

:D :D :D

Vic

I thought is was just me. I never could figure out that chord's purpose or fitment in this tab. (I've been playing this a bit too)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

OK Vic , thanks , and another question , what does that mean " basic pattern of bass-bass-1-3-2-1 "
I don't have my guitar here... Ok, I have the guitar here but everybody is sleeping.

If you read the whole note: "This is the way it is played on "The River" album. During the verses you should pick the chords with basic pattern of bass-bass-1-3-2-1. In the chorus and bridge, you should be strumming with a down-down-up-up-down-up pattern.`"

It is the fingerpicking pattern for the verses: first, you pick two bass notes, probably the strings 5-4 (for C and A) or 6-4 (for G and E), and then the strings 1-3-2-1. For the chorus and bridge, simply you must strum the chords following the pattern.

Try it, but I'm not sure it is Ok because this pattern is a 3/4 and the song seems to me a 4/4.

ReplyQuote
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member

The version I play is with Em, G, C, D, Am only.

I strum B DU U DU all the way through.

ReplyQuote
(@crazyhorse)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I don't have my guitar here... Ok, I have the guitar here but everybody is sleeping.

If you read the whole note: "This is the way it is played on "The River" album. During the verses you should pick the chords with basic pattern of bass-bass-1-3-2-1. In the chorus and bridge, you should be strumming with a down-down-up-up-down-up pattern.`"

It is the fingerpicking pattern for the verses: first, you pick two bass notes, probably the strings 5-4 (for C and A) or 6-4 (for G and E), and then the strings 1-3-2-1. For the chorus and bridge, simply you must strum the chords following the pattern.

Try it, but I'm not sure it is Ok because this pattern is a 3/4 and the song seems to me a 4/4.

I've just tried it at half speed ( no other alternative at that time...! ) I think it fits.

The strumming pattern of Dave T is also very suitable .

ReplyQuote