Notifications
Clear all

Unwanted Echo

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lonestreaker)
Topic starter  

My low "e" string keeps on vibrating after playing on the higher strings, and it's creating some sort of background echo. It never used to do that until today. Is there any way to fix that?

(@strife)
Eminent Member

some thing happedn to me. i think it is caused by ther string hitting those little metel fret things(sorry i to am new and dotn no the name of them)

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Thats string buzz strife, against the fret, but thats not what hes reffering to. When you play a certain note, other things at that pitch can start vibrating. If you play an e anywhere on your guitar not on the e string, it can cause the open e string to play. Are you using lots of distortion? If you are, that can really magnify the sound. I would think that would be odd if you wernt. I think that whenever you play an e, the e string will always vibrate, you just don't always notice it, but distortion could really bring it out. You might also just be accidently brushing it with your palm, so check that out too.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Try to mute strings you arent playing. I tried to conciously do this about a year ago or so and im noticing i dont sound as sloppy anymore (i think its the muting)

Anynote can ring sympathetically, it just takes a bit of volume for it to really annoy you (for me at least).

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Yeah, I never have any trouble with it unless I'm playing real loud.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If you have a piano, you can press on the damper pedal and sing low notes. The piano will begin to vibrate to match the pitch.

ReplyQuote