Clear all

using a capo??

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm just not seeing any easy way of doing it with a capo to avoid using bar chords right now, .

Try this: capo on 2, keep the pinky and ring finger anchored on the third fret, and use the following chord voicings:

Em = 0 2 2 0 3 3 (really Em7 I guess)
G = 3 2 0 0 3 3
Dsus4 = x x 0 2 3 3
A7sus4 = x 0 2 0 3 3
Cadd9 = x 3 2 0 3 3
Dsus4/F# = 2 x 0 2 3 3

Only need to move your index and middle fingers.

this is what it says in the oasis book i have, capo second fret, the G is what's throwing me - with the capo on the G moves up 2 frets but the book still says G..

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry when i say the G is throwing me i mean i don't really mean that it's just a easy way to explain the G moving up 2 frets but still a G chord. mmmmm.. :?

With capo on the secong fret it's saying a g is 542255.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I'm not surprised you're confused by it, since the G chord-shape is actually an A chord if you've put a capo on the second fret.

Props to slej for posting the capo'd version. Like I said, I did it sans capo. If you want, I can post the fingerings for that.

The actual chord names for wonderwall are what I listed in my earlier post. Not sure which book you're using, but the names theyre using are simply the names of the chord-shapes, not the actual chords. Since the notes have changed (G shape at the 3rd fret without a capo gives you the notes, G,B,D,G,B,G - the G-shape at the 5th fret, with the capo at the 2nd fret gives you the notes A,C#,E,A,C#,A), the chord-names have also changed to reflect this.

hope this helps.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Scrybe, i think that's it :D , it's just showing the chord shapes rather thats the actual chord now the capo is on, it is a oasis chord book and has all the songs in it. Many thanks for your help, I think it'll come to me in time the more i play i suppose, thanks again everyone who posted..Don't suppose anyone knows the strumming pattern for Little by Little? (Oasis)..

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Learning to use a capo is a skill everyone should learn. It may be a "crutch" for some, but it's a useful tool. I used to get screamed at for using one...but I took the heat and it sounded good...

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2