Clear all

Valdy's "Rock n Roll Song"

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hopefully some of my fellow Canadians or others know this one.

I've tried fingerpicking, alternate bass strum and folkie strum DDUUDU among other things on this one and can't seem to get the right sound. The recording I have has several guitars happening doing different things. How do you play this?

(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Sorry, I don't know the song, but I would suggest that if the recording has several guitars playing different ways, then you by yourself will never get the same sound. Best bet might be to go for the strumming and play along with the recording.

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

hi mate

don't know the song but if the title means something may be it is played in the same style of classic rock'n'roll songs a la Chuck berry.

If so you have to play it with powerchords or better with the classic rock shuffle (check David Hodge's "Roll over bethoveen" lesson for a reference). In any case use downstrums only

Matteo

p.s. by the way it is quite difficult to learn to play rock-shuffle because your fretting hand has to dome some unusual strecthes while your picking hand must be very precise and hit two strings only, so at the beginning try it with power chords

ReplyQuote