I bought Troy's stetina metal rhythm guitar method vol. I

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@matteo)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hello all

since a friend of mine lent me an electric guitar I decided to get one of Troy Stetina famous metal guitar methods. Being a rhythmic player, three weeks ago I got the 1st volume of the metal rhyhthm guitar method.

It is unbelievably full of excercises so it takes quite a long to digest it, but I have to say that it is really helpful to learn heavy metal guitar-style. Even if I'm an heavy metal lover I've never that there are so many chord changes in a typical heavy metal riff!
The usual pop/rock song involves chord changes each measure or so (half-measure if it's a ballad) but in heavy metal it is quite common to change chords three times a measure or also find some passing chords that lasts a mere eight notes!

Now I'm learning off-beats accents and the extensive use of palm-muting and left-hand muted notes and I'm also trying to learn a Metallica-style composition including some eight-notes chord changes!

Anyway in just a few weeks I've been learnt a lot of things and power chords are becoming friends :D , so If you're into metal I really suggest everybody to get a copy of Troy's books

Cheers

Matteo