Notifications
Clear all

Very Newbie here..

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@brett184)
Topic starter  

Ok I just started learning guitar last night..."My first lesson.
what I learned in my short hour was the first verse I think of Every Rose has it's thorn, or maybe it was just the strum. And then Hero by the Enrique Iglesias ( first verse I believe)...
I've been reading on here and trying to pick up some easy strums and what-not from others, but I can't seem to read the chords that people have posted. I can read basic chords and tabs but some of those are very confusing. Is there a website I can go that will help me understand the reading better?
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help a newbie.

(@luvmytele)
Eminent Member

Hi welcome aboard ....

The best advice I can give ... is to practice and build up your finger strength. It takes time ( a couple of months) ... well worth the effort down the road. When your fingers develop the dexterity you can do so much and never neglect your strumming hand .... there is more to strumming than meets the eye!

Best of luck ... :wink:

... that noise you hear is my Signature Sound ... lovely ain't it?

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the Musical Madhouse. It sounds like you had a very productive first lesson.

Here's a guide to reading tab: Guide to Tab Notation and here's a lesson on chords that uses traditional chord frames to show the chords: First Chords. It also explains how to read the frames.

I hope that helps.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@brett184)
Topic starter  

Thanks a bunch fellas...This should help me get started and keep me motivated to keep going..

ReplyQuote