Notifications
Clear all

Vibrato Bar Q

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@deadhead420)
Topic starter  

I justbought my first electric guitar (fender squire red with black pickgaurd... emmm, sry i had too) Anyway... its got a vib bar on it, but i dont know how far to screw it in or anything, and i took it to where its tight but it doesnt make a tone difference... any advice?

"Haha Duuude, you said crank... and then, you said shaft..." -The Great Philoshipher Zane.

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Loosen it it should swing some what freely otherwise it will "block" your tremelo. Use it sparingly though it will stretch your strings and make them out of tune. You do know you push and pull on it right?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@deadhead420)
Topic starter  

ahhh... that would do it, i didnt know to pull, thx man

"Haha Duuude, you said crank... and then, you said shaft..." -The Great Philoshipher Zane.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

But also loosen it! 8) 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@deadhead420)
Topic starter  

I did. I dont plan on using it much, but it comes in handy for ledzep songs... :D

ReplyQuote