Clear all

Wah Wah?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@shinzou)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I was just wondering what would be a good quality Wah pedal to get. There are a lot out there and i have no clue which one would give me more bang for my buck. This would be my first one so i'm really clueless about what to get. thanks

lemoned i scream

(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Dunlop Cry Baby

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and Welcome to Guitarnoise.

I use Morley for volume and Wah pedals.

When needed or asked I still use a crybaby because they add a certain flavor to the sound.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Vox's are good too. Jimi Hendrix used a Vox.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@shinzou)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

oh thanks guys, i've seen quit a few of crybabys around. is there any model in particular that anyone can recommend? thanks

lemoned i scream

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

The classic is the old standard, but try them all, each one has a little different personality.

When you're looking into wah's:

Dunlop Crybabys and Vox's are pretty similar, and all their variations still have a similar feel. There's a fully adjustable crybaby with a Q control and boost level etc, that's kinda nifty if you're going to use it.

Morleys are a whole different animal however, their sweep is much farther, they pedal itself is much wider, and the sound is noticibly different. They have several endorsed models out too, which are nifty. Steve Vai does a Bad Horsie wah that is fully adjustable. Mark Tremonti (of Creed) has one that's spring loaded and auto-on, so when you're not playing it, it actually shuts off, and if you take your foot off the pedal it bounces back to it's "home" position.

Anyhow, take your time, research really pays off in this hunt. Prices can vary quite a bit for such a simple unit too, from $50 to $250. Look into everything, play anything you can get your hands and/or feet on. Good luck.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote