Notifications
Clear all

whammy bar help

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jbalexdarkelf)
Topic starter  

When i use my whammy bar it goes down like it is supposed to, but i would like to know if there is anything else that you could do with it.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Apart from moving it down, and back up again, there isn't much guitar-related stuff you can do with it...

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I use the Bigsby style whammy, which has a pretty stiff spring, to go up and down slightly and rapidly for vibrato (need a vibrato set to float for that) and for bluesy upward bend or for coming down into a note from a slightly higher (or lower, of course) pitch, like a fretless slide, not just for deep downward bends like on those Am surf chords or for divebombing (whatever that is; I'm pretty sure I don't do that. Pacifist, you know.)
I try not to do anything too rude with it, though.

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

I find whammy bars are great for stirring mixed drinks or, jaming it into the ignition of my old chevy to get it started. It's also a great emergency kickstand for those embarrasing kickstand failures. A great cane or walking stick for anyone under 14inches high. Good for wedging things out of tight spots. A great practical joke to hide on someones seat as they are sitting down. Also nice to store moderatly sized washers on.. you know, just in case. And with enough whammy bars, a match, 2 quarts of oil and some purified sacharin you can make a quick getaway from a large number of henchmen

ReplyQuote