(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

After 7 month of playing? :)

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

7 months happier.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I'll say it anyhow. You should be having fun AND learning. This isn't a contest.

Where are you now in your journey? What can you do now, and what do you want to do next?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@mmoncur)
Estimable Member

Ditto.

Do you mean 7 months of casually noodling with a guitar on weekends?

Or do you mean 7 months of playing for 8 hours straight every day with 4 lessons a week from Robert Fripp?

Even given the same practice time and training, I don't think you'd get the same answer from any two people.

I've been playing for 3 months, and I've had the "I should be further along by now" blues about once every two weeks, so if that's the issue... hang in there.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I think the question is if do you have fun these seven months? It is not really important where are you know. You will be where all of us with your dedication were after seven months, chord more or chord less. ;)

Usually I say that when you sing a song, you sing for enjoying, not for finishing it! :D

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

you should have changed your strings at least twice by now.
you should know how to tune and have some open chords and changes going pretty smooth.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Here's a link to a thread from someone who was asking a similar question (back in September)

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35376

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I've been playing (with a hiatus for several years) for over a decade now, and I still regularly get the "I should be further along by now" blues. I don't think that ever really goes away for any of us. For those that find it does, there's always golf.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

where are you after 7 months of playing?

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I can change open chords smoothly.
I can play a altrnating bass rithem prity good.
I can play the A,C,D,E,F and G open chords.
I can play barre chords that sound clean but I need to making clean changes
I can play Am,Dm,Em, chords
I can play A7,B7,C7,D7,E7,G7. B7 and C7 need some more work but I can play them ok.
I can play walking bass lines prity good

Thats all I can think of right now :)

Thank guys for your time :D

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I think the question is if do you have fun these seven months? It is not really important where are you know. You will be where all of us with your dedication were after seven months, chord more or chord less. ;)

Usually I say that when you sing a song, you sing for enjoying, not for finishing it! :D
Yes I am having agood time :)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Where should you be? You should be playing your guitar!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Good one TR :lol:
Also I can do some finger picking

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

truer words were never spoken 8)

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Looks like you're doing fine then.

Oh, one other thing came to mind. A common thing people do/did, including myself at that stage. Know any complete songs yet?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2