9 Users
0 Likes
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

why does it take me 2 hours to warm up? i practice every day
for at least 2 hours, and on weekends 4 to 6 a day, but every night
i practice and 2 hours latter i can go through my scales and chord changes
and finally go through them with no mistakes, but let me go to sleep and work, and here we go again, what is wrong here? i'm really thinking of getting amazing guitar, that guy adresses this, what do you guys think is my problem, after about 2 hours of playing i can blaze through them no mistakes, i dont understand. :x

(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

same thing happens to me...guess it just takes years and years to be on the ball right away.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

it's probably not that it takes you 2 hours to warm up, but htat it takes you two hours to really get in the groove, and concentrate on what you're doing.

Try doing something to relax before you start playing to get your mind off the rest of the world first. Figure out a way to turn your brain off to everything but music and guitarplaying.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

I agree with kingpatzer on this. Also do not try to go full bore right off the bat try a speed slower and work you way up to fast. That helps me

John M

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Kingpatzer hit it I think. It's a focus thing. Changing gears.

It may not be practical in your situation, but see what happens if you take your guitar out first thing in the morning and play it unplugged for 15 minutes (tops), while you're having your coffee or whatever. Just play a few scales with no Practice Pressure on you, just to connect with the instrument. Then put it away, go to work or whatever, and then pick it up at night. That way you'll have 'enclosed' your day, beginning and end, with guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@jg8804)
Trusted Member

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but i do agree with kingpatzer. Although im no good myself at times i can pick my guitar up and play everything i can first time, really well. Other times i just cannot play anything right, "become one with the guitar" :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The same old story.Man you gotta get some time behind your back before you can do the scales fast and licks.Its not all that easy.Forget amazing guitar or so , your hardwork will make guitar amazing :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I think kingpatzer is 50% right. The other 50% is a need "to practice". It's like having an important appointment tomorrow - you go to bed early, so that ou can have a full 8 hours and just lay there, wide awake, thinking about tomorrow.

Practice is practice - so enjoy it. You're trying too hard.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys, i undrstand not to push it, but i'm talkin crap that was taught months ago, i guess some days you got it some days you dont, i still get mad over it, 1 day you cant do no wrong, and 1 day, i dont even want to go into it "please god dont let me smash my guitar" type day, tou know what i mean? :?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Instead of trying to do it at full speed the first time, do it at half speed, then gradually pick up speed.

The guitar is about having fun! If it takes you two hours to have fun, then you need to relax a little more. It's not a race. Just have fun. I know it's easier said than done but in time you will understand.

ReplyQuote