wish to have a rhythm confirmation

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@matteo)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

hello all

i've recently started to play motorhead's rock'n'roll with my friends. It is quite strange because if i play the song along the cd i have no trouble, but find out some difficulties playing it live with my friends. The song starts with a four-measure drum-pattern and then there's a short C#5/D#5 riff that it is repetead at the beginning of each verse.

after listening it a lot of times, it seems me that the riff starts on 4th beat upbeat and ends on the 1st beat downbeat like this:

1,2,3,4 C#5, D#5,2,3,4 (starts again on 4and)

so the rhythm would be and1,2,3,4 and 1,2,3,4 and 1,2,3,4 and so on

my friends say that all the riff is played on 1st beat!

after a few discussions, i accepted their point of wiew and focused only on drum-pattern and played it correctly, but, for curiosity sake, i'd love to have your point of wiew to understand if I was right or wrong.

thanks again

Matteo

here is link to the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ULafw5jl8

(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I'm pretty sure you're right. He's hitting the crash cymbal on the 1 and you can hear the C# before the crash and the D# over it.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I can see why your friends think that it comnes in on the 1 count but you are correct.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

great song choice !

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks everyone

i was starting to doubt of my listening abilities :-)!The trouble is that in the reharsal every one except for me play it the other way! I'll have to adapt my playing and hope that the drummer plays it correctly!

thanks again

Matteo

ReplyQuote