Clear all

wish you were here help

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@danabis)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hey guys, i have the "easy" (as well as the advanced part) part down from david's easy songs for beginners. and i was just wondering what people are using as a fill from the end of the intro going into the first verse and then from the different verses for example from verse one to two where the intro isn't used...i know it would be easy to do this with two guitars but i want to complete a fairly decent version of this song on just one. thanks for the help

(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

Nothing against David, but if you want fills and more details, check out the tab of that song in Guitar One. The one I bought on news stands last month even had a CD with the song on it, without the lead guitar.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Nothing against David, but if you want fills and more details, check out the tab of that song in Guitar One. The one I bought on news stands last month even had a CD with the song on it, without the lead guitar.

It'll cost you 8 bones plus tax. Barely worth it IMHO.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

Or about 2 bucks if you subscribe, if we're talking about the same magazine. It beats reading Soap Opera Digest in the waiting room at the dentist. (But you're right, actual cover price is a bit steep.)

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

It is if you are buying to have the tab to one song... but I didn't pay $8, I think it was more like $6. And compared to the price of a single one on one guitar lesson, it's cheap. There's lots of good stuff in there and I hadn't picked it up or subscribed to it for a while, and just thought I'd check it out.

The only guitar mag I get regularly right now is Guitar World Acoustic, that comes out every other month. But I sometimes get bored inbetween issues and if I see stuff on the cover that interests me I might pick one up here and there on occasion.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

My local library gets Guitar Player and Guitar World and whatever your opinion is of the content of those (everyone has their favorite mag and some folk it seems just like to dump on them for no good reason) you can't beat reading them for free. I have lots of short periods of down time at work while I'm waiting for things so I like to have lots of guitar and music magazines around so I don't have to just sit and watch my fingernails grow.

ReplyQuote