Notifications
Clear all

Wish You Were Here w/ one guitar

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mortisdraco)
Topic starter  

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to play the solo/bridge part of Wish You Were Here when you're the only one playing? The song is written for two guitars, and I was trying to figure out something to play during the bridge other then the solo or the intro over and over. The solo sounds horrible (at least with me playing it) if the intro isn't being played under it like it is in the song, and if I just play the intro over and over it seems pretty repeditive and boring for those listening.

Any suggestions or pointers to some tabs that have a single guitar solotuion other then those posted above would be appreciated!

thanks,
Brad

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Well you can do a LOT worse than go and look at David Hodge's lesson on this very song in the lesson's section.

It certainly added a lot to how i USED to play this great song!

If you can't find it bung "wish you were here" in the search.

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@mortisdraco)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply, but I've already looked at David's lesson and it doesn't address the bridge. I've also done searches here on the forum and on google without much luck. I've found a number of tabs with different approaces to the song, but they have all either been for two guitarist or just say to do the intro for the bridge. I was hoping someone on here might have run across a different approach to the song.

thanks,
Brad

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

If you have the money you can buy a loop pedal. Tkaes what you were playing and continues it. So for like in the intro it would continue the riff while you solo over it.

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote