Clear all

You Tube Help (Please)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

You Tube isn't letting me view thier videos anymore and has this message in place of the video:
"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player. "

Yout Tube has always worked in the past and I downloaded the flash player just in case; so it must be be an error with JavaScript. I have already checked my Internet Options and Norton Firewall just incase Java got blocked from either of those two things- but I couldn't find anything blocking Java in those.

A few days ago a message from those icons in the bottom right informed me of updates for Java, but I ignored it. Right after I found out You Tube wasn't working I went to the bottom panel and clicked to update Java and did so, but still no luck.

I am thinking that maybe a Firewall setting got changed automatically when I ignored the Java update and is still that way even after I have updated.

Is there any way to open controls and settings for Java?

Where should I look to see if Java is turned off?

Any other suggestions?

All help is GREATLY appreciated!

P.S. I'm running Windows XP with Norton Internet Security on Internet Explorer.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante