7 nation army everybody can play this

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rockboy_155)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

5th--------7----7---10---7---5---3---2

everbody i know already know how to play this its so simple.

- "the whole world is a gimmic"

Rockboy_155

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Maybe you could expand on this, perhaps do the whole song? I don't actually know anything by them, would probably do these tired old brain cells some good to hear something new..........

Vic

:D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@argus)
Reputable Member

Vic, that is the whole song if you don't count the times where he plays the riff and changes one or two of the notes.

I'll expand on this for you, but if this gets too complicated for the "Easy Song Database" then whoever the mod is can get rid of it.

First, it's pretty slow. Keep that in mind.

Here it is with the proper timing.

1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a 1 e + a 2 e + a 3 e + a 4 e + a
A|---7-----------7---10----7-----5---3---------------2--------------

Hopefully it's aligned properly there. Get a pen to write this down.

Now, the 1 2 3 4 at the top are quarter notes, the + signs happen on every 8th note that the numbers don't cover, and the e and a are on every other 16th. If that makes sense, please tell me since it's really late here (almost 5am). If not, here it is in plain English.

The first note (E) goes for a dotted quarter note.
Second note (E) goes for an eighth.
Third note (G) goes for a dotted eighth.
Fourth note (E) goes for a dotted eighth.
Fifth note (D) goes for an eighth.
Sixth note (C) is a half.
Seventh note (B) is a half.

This would have been MUCH easier to communicate with standard notation (or even a MIDI file), but I don't have any webspace.

The part that goes G-E-D (rhythm: 8.-8.-8) may actually be a triplet, but it's really late (about 5am) and I can't be bothered working it out outside my head.

Now if riff-based songs aren't your cup of tea, or if you're playing with someone who only knows the riff, you can play the chords:

||: Em | C B7 :||

In other words, Em for one bar and C and B7 in the next. If you can't count and play at the same time, just play those changes where you think they should go.

You'd be surprised how well it works on a pair of acoustic guitars.

Again, sorry if that was too long or over-complicated, but hopefully someone finds it useful.

If anyone wants the riff in MIDI form or standard notation, just give me a holler. Chances are I'll forget I posted this, so you might be better off trying to contact me through Pet or Izabella (if those are still their names).

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

There's a slide solo in there too.

Plus Jack plays that riff with an octave pedal down one octave so it sounds like it's played by a bass.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Pup
(@pup)
Estimable Member

and everybody thinks this guy is so talented and a great guitarists, my little 5 year old kid can come up with a better riff than that, lol but it's all good i guess, if you like that kinda music.

ReplyQuote