Clear all

A suggestion

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hi I was looking at a post where they had a link that you could listen to the song being played as well as the tabs and because it was just guitar it was so easy to pick up the strumming patterns and when and where to change chords I thought it was just perfect for learning do you think that the guitarist that are putting the tabs of the songs up with recording equipment could put up a sound track with it , doesn't have to be the whole song just a bit I just thought it was great way to pick it up

(@rich_halford)
Reputable Member

Thats a great idea.

For those that can't post a clip of themselves, if they could post a link to somewhere else, like of someone doing a cover on YouTube, that would probably do the job. If I want to try and learn a song I search Youtube, you can often find a guitar only cover on there. Even if the playing/singing is poor, well, that just spurs me on!

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I've always thought it was a good idea to put up a sound clip of the chords/tabs posted, thats why I have done it on a couple of my posts. It generally only takes a couple of minutes to run something out on audacity and post it on soundclick.com or dMusic.com.
It does help, especially when its a difficult strumming pattern. Using just text can sometimes confuse.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sound clips are cool and very helpful.

The only thing I'd ask of the person that links to youtube or something is to make sure it has decent quality so we can pick up on things. 100,000 screaming fans is good, but not when we're trying to learn something. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I agree having just guitar on its own is best because you can hear exactly what's going on

Also we could put an astrex or something after the songs that have the link so we can know without going into all of them

I just found Stand by me by Nils and its great, there is so many ways to play D/U/UDU (to me that is ) until you hear it well done !

ReplyQuote