Notifications
Clear all

Back in Black help

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jbalexdarkelf)
Topic starter  

i have been trying to play Back in Black as a begginer song and the cords that i play are correct but it doesnt really sound like the song. Should i mess around with the tone or the gain, some one please help.

(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

try your gain first

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

It is hard to know exactly what you mean. Perhaps the chords you are using are not correct?? Malcolm plays rhythm for AC/DC. He has got to be one of the greatest rhythm guitar players ever IMHO. He likes to use common basic open chords for the most part. He really does not play a lot of barre chords. Malcolm is very precise in hitting exactly the strings he wants without hitting others. He controls the sound carefully with both hands to play very TIGHT rhythm guitar. The guy is good.

You also must remember that you are listening to 2 guitars, Malcolm and Angus. So it is hard for one guitar to capture that sound. Then there is type of guitar, tone settings, amp and settings, many variables.

Back in Black is a difficult song for anybody. Yeah, it uses simple chords and even the tab looks simple. But playing it the way Malcolm and Angus does is hard! 8)

Just stay at it. Experiment with different tone settings. You'll get close.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@jbalexdarkelf)
Topic starter  

Ok, thanks.

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

You might have already bought it, but Guitar Legends last issue was all about AC/DC. Tabs directly from Angus and Malcom. You can't better than that.

I am pretty sure Black in Black was tabbed out as well.

:)

ReplyQuote