Clear all

Space odditty

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@stan-ton)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Anyone help a relitive beginner to the strum pattern of space oddity by david bowie

Regards
Stan :

(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

I'm working on that one also. Strumming pattern changes through out but I get by with most of the song with D DU UDU. The last upstroke is where i change chords so it would be an open chord. I strum the intro verse like this to follow the lyrics.

C                        Em            
       D      DU U    DU D D    UDDUUDU
       Ground control to Major  Tom

ReplyQuote
(@stan-ton)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm working on that one also. Strumming pattern changes through out but I get by with most of the song with D DU UDU. The last upstroke is where i change chords so it would be an open chord. I strum the intro verse like this to follow the lyrics.

C                        Em            
       D      DU U    DU D D    UDDUUDU
       Ground control to Major  Tom

Many thanks could never done it myself.
Got it off to fine art, looking forward to to the rest :D

ReplyQuote
(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

Stan ton,

I bet in a very short time, you will be able to figure out how to strum most of your favor songs. Once you can, please give some of that knowlage back to the Newbies. As soon as i get the whole song down Ill post it for you.

Good Luck,

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member

There are at least two in just the nromal verse lines, one that takes 8 quarter notes and one that takes just 4, as far as I know.

I was using this one to strum along to the 8 bar lines, it's clearly wrong but it can't really be picked up too much because it follows the same dynamics the way I did it as Bowie, at least i think, anyways try it, it sounds pretty cool.

-=rest, pass over without hitting a note
D-DUD-DU-UDUDUD-

ReplyQuote
(@geetar66)
Estimable Member

I find that the biggest prob I have is managing the F...by the time I'm near the end my fretting hand is so tired...

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

ReplyQuote