Clear all

Bad Company - Bad Company

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This is the studio recording. The live version is different.

Since the song is primarily on piano, it was a bit of a challenge to transcribe for guitar.

Maybe close, but no promises. :?
BAD COMPANY - BAD COMPANY

TUNED DOWN ½ STEP

INTRO
......D...D....D DUD DUD DU
|| : Em Em7 Em : || 4x

Verse

Em Em7 Em....D..................Em <--- same pattern as into
Company......always on the run
Destiny......is a rising sun, oh
I was born...six-gun in my hand
Behind a gun I'll make my final stand

Chorus

Em/G..D..A..Em......G..A..Em
That's why they call me
Bad Company, but I can't deny
Bad Company, 'til the day I die
'Til the day I die, 'til the day I die

Verse

Em Em7 Em.........D......................Em <--- same pattern as into
Rebel souls.......deserters we are called
Chose a gun.......and threw away the sun
Now these towns...they all know our name
Six-gun sound.....is our claim to fame

Chorus

Em/G..D..A..Em......G..A..Em
I can hear them say
Bad Company, and I won't deny
'Til the day I die
Bad Company, I can't deny

And I said, Bad Company, oh yeah yeah
'Cause I'm young and I'm free
Oh, but I'm in Bad Company

Live version as offered to me by another person:

Standard tuning.
INTRO
......D...D..D DUD DUD DU
|| : F# C# D# : || 4x

Verse(s)
A#....C#...D#.....F#.......F...C#t..D#
Com..pa...ny.....Always..on..the..run
Destiny............is a rising sun, oh
I was born.........six-gun in my hand
Behind a gun......I'll make my final stand

Then the chorus:

D#...F#...G#...A#
That's why they call me
Bad Company, but I can't deny
'Til the day I die, 'til the day I die

^^^^D# & F# as power chords. First, 5th, and octave

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Always loved this song - the whole of the Bad Company album, in fact!

Thursday night, I'm watching TV - found Queen and Paul Rodgers in concert, somewhere in the Ukraine in front of an enormous crowd. Q & PR did an excellent version of this song, then I check the ESD and hey presto - there it is! You telepathic, Frank?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

You telepathic, Frank?

Vic

No, but I believe in parallel universes. :D

Give it a try and see what you think. I'm not wild about the way the live version is interpreted, but then again, it could be me. I thought the original version was very close.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Still got the "Bad Company" album on vinyl (up in the attic somewhere!) AND on cassette (somewhere else - exact location escapes me for the moment. I'll have to dig one of 'em out and have a good listen, instead of relying on the radio to play odd tracks now and then.

OK - I swear this week I'll tab out "Can't Get Enough." Best played as power/barre chords higher up the neck, but I'll see if it can be worked out for open chords as well for a beginners version. Also got half-finished tabs for "See Me Feel Me," "You Better You Bet"and, oh, about half-a-dozen others that I really should get off my butt and finish. Watch this space!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Still got the "Bad Company" album on vinyl (up in the attic somewhere!) AND on cassette (somewhere else -

I always wait for a greatest hits to come out. So I got 10 From 6. It's really good. I think the only group to not ever do a compilation is Zep. I may go on a hunting expedition today at the music store for other groups and individuals to add to my collection. I see Bon Jovi, Toby Keith (they are my two new faves), and some others in my future. :D
OK - I swear this week I'll tab out "Can't Get Enough." Best played as power/barre chords higher up the neck, but I'll see if it can be worked out for open chords as well for a beginners version. Also got half-finished tabs for "See Me Feel Me," "You Better You Bet"and, oh, about half-a-dozen others that I really should get off my butt and finish. Watch this space!

Vic

I've been using barre and power chords as often as I can, and as a song will allow, to sound good. I use them on the acoustic. I use R,5.8 for power chords. Nice dark sound; barres for brighter sound.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I think the only group to not ever do a compilation is Zep.

I think there have been a couple of Led Zep compilations, most noticeably the "Remasters," which I think were done by Jimmy Page. The one I've got is called "The Very Best Of Led Zeppelin" and is a 2-disc set; disc one (tracks from albums up to "Houses Of The Holy") is called Early Days, disc two (tracks from "Physical Graffiti" onwards) is called Latter Days. There's also a DVD with most of the best songs on it, mostly live versions.

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ah, so they did do one! I didn't see anything in the store today, but I'll keep looking. Thanks. :)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Bad Company great album I wore that one out in vinyl and cassette don't remember if I ever had an 8-track of that though.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I never had that album, but I sure wore out my share of my favorites in vinyl. Didn't we all! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I never had that album, but I sure wore out my share of my favorites in vinyl. Didn't we all! :lol:

Er, no....I used to transfer my new vinyl albums to tape as soon as I got them home!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Er, no....I used to transfer my new vinyl albums to tape as soon as I got them home!

Vic

I learned that after my third vinyl copy of Bolero On The Mighty Moog (yes, Bolero on a moog synthesizer). I now have a copy of it on cd, along with Habanera from Carmen, Malaguena and Espana, thanks to someone who graciously put the mp3s on the interwebz for download.

I have a vinyl copy of Ravi Shankar & Ali Akbar Khan In Concert 1972, which is out of print. I never copied it to tape. That would do me no good however, since I no longer have a tape deck. I have to find someone who can take my arcane vinyls and burn them to cd. There is software to do it, but my turntable is shot also. My musical life sucks. :(

ReplyQuote