Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] ESD - Requests

429 Posts
175 Users
0 Likes
19.2 K Views
(@jackie999)

Edward Bear .....group from late 60's ...anyone have any of their chords they'd like to share?
Some of my favourites from the 'Bearings' album 'You, Me and Mexico' 'Last Song' 'You and I'

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member

If anyones still interested, PM me.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

while perusing my vinyl collection recently i came across many that you never hear on the classic stations.
my copy of the "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band","Uncle Charlie and his dog Teddy" brought me back to my high school days.

i would like tabs for,
"Some of Shelly's Blues" ( a tune penned by former "prefab four" Monkee, Michael Nesmith)
and,
"Prodigal's Return"
I've been eyeing a nice cheap six string Banjo lately and I've taken to messing with the harps as well.
thanks in advance.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member

Year 1969, "My Pledge of Love" by The Joe Jeffery Group! :note2: Thanx in advance :D

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

I'd really appreciate an arrangement of the Ringo Starr/George Harrison track "Photograph". (Preferably one which would work for one acoustic and rubbishy vocal.)

Thanks,

Shady

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Anybody into Americana music- e.g., Fred Eaglesmith, James McMurtry, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Reckless Kelly, et al?

I been really getting into this stuff lately. There isn't much on the tab sites in this genre, so I have gotten into transcribing some songs myself. Actually, it's probably better this way in that it forces me to work on training my ear. The Americana songs in general are quite simple in terms of the chords, and so I'm not having too hard a time working them out.

Let me know if there is any interst in this and if so I can post what I have.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I do some Eaglesmith and McMurtry songs in performance. Cumberland County is a big favorite of my girlfriend/pianist as she does drive a snowplow. You're right about most of them being easy to figure out. If you're stuck on any, feel free to ask.

And definitely post what you've got. If you've got a link to the song on YouTube or somewhere, that's a big help, too. A lot of people learn about new music (new to them, anyway) all the time through a catalogue like the Easy Song Database. You never know who you're going to turn on to some new music.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

Can someone please post a good tab/music for Storybook Love - Willy DeVille?

I have found a couple of tabs online, but they are all so different, and none of them sound quite right.

Thank you!

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I do some Eaglesmith and McMurtry songs in performance. Cumberland County is a big favorite of my girlfriend/pianist as she does drive a snowplow. You're right about most of them being easy to figure out. If you're stuck on any, feel free to ask.

And definitely post what you've got. If you've got a link to the song on YouTube or somewhere, that's a big help, too. A lot of people learn about new music (new to them, anyway) all the time through a catalogue like the Easy Song Database. You never know who you're going to turn on to some new music.

Peace

Cool, David. I didn't realize you knew any McMurtry or Eaglesmith. You truly impress me with the breadth of yor repertiore! I have worked out a few older McMurty songs, but neither are on You Tube (at least tht I could find). However, I have transcribed a few frm the lastest Reckless Kelly CD, and those are on You Tube. I'll post one and provide the link. Reckless Kelly, if you are not familiar with them, really kicks butt. Would appreciate if you check out my transcription and let me know if i am on track. I'm kind of getting started on working out songs by ear.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Hi everybody, sorry I haven't been around much lately. Been practising my arse off :lol:

Is there anybody out there who can help with the intro to this song http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qK3ftRJzs&feature=related

Been trying to get it down but cant get it on my own.

Thanks

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@geldrith)

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew the chord structure to Harvey Andrews song "The Soldier"
It was on the album "Writer of Songs" (late seventies early eighties)

I have the album on vinyl and love the song, just like to play it for my Grandkids.

In fact any of the songs from that album would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance. :D

It is better to have lit a solitary candle, than to forever curse the darkness.

ReplyQuote
(@fredramsey)
Estimable Member

From the 1980 album "Audio Visions".

Even just the opening riff!

Thanks!

Learning requires a willingness to be bad at something for awhile.

ReplyQuote
(@asasmith)
Eminent Member

im trying to figure out willin by little feat.i found chords online but the rythm in the chorus really throws me off

"its supposed to be pickin and grinnin. NOT pickin and scowlin"
-the feez

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Bob Dylan's
"Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"

I'm interested also in the picking pattern for the song.
Thanks for any help.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Bob Dylan's
"Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"

I'm interested also in the picking pattern for the song.
Thanks for any help.

You got Guitar Pro?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 26 / 29