Jack Johnson request ?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hello all kind hearted people

I'm a beginner and gave my brother some chords for Jack Johnson songs and he played them and told me that no way were they right , he said he could listen to my cd and try and work out the correct chords . So I was just wondering if anyone knows the correct chords and tab for "Banana Pancakes " by Jack Johnson off his between the trees albumn ?
My brother has to go out of town so I just wondering if some one kind enough to post my request I could practise it before he comes back and surprise him of what I learnt while he was away .

He is not my guitar teacher but has showed me a fair bit over the past year and I would love to surprise him , he showed me how to palm mute the chords .

Really would appreciate this I know it is asking alot ..

Thanks in advance

hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I GOT THE ALBUMN WRONG SORRY IT'S CALLED

" IN BETWEEN DREAMS "

SORRY

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Hi,

I have never played that song, but since you mentioned palm muting I was thinking that you were playing with open chords. I have a few friends who play a couple of Jack's songs and they play them with barre chords, and mute with the fretting hand. I am mentioning this because with barre's you can get more bass notes into the song and have a very different feel. When I listen to his songs they seem to me to have a bass feel. I dont have his recordings but I can't remember ever hearing a chord in his songs that would lead me to believe he is emphasising the treble strings much, such as in an open D or Am type chords.

Hope this helps
Good luck.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote