Clear all

Maggie May - Rod Stewart & The Faces

47 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member

:lol:

Thanks for sharing that tale, Dogsbody (and Rodders)!

I like to fantasize that someday I'll be able to play in front of even one person without seizing up, but I've played piano for 40 years and still can't play decently if I know anyone is listening, even in my own house on my own instrument. The brain just goes "flop-bot," to borrow a word from a James Herriot story.

Kudos to you for playing through it and motivating for the next performance! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

We shall have to search the net and see if there is anything on "stage freeze up" and how to overcome it. Sounds like a good title for a book!
"Dummies guide on overcoming first night nerves" would be another good one. Anybody out there seen anything like this in the bookstores. :lol:
I sometimes get the problem when recording my own stuff on the pc. It seems that when you need it to be perfect you can almost guarantee its not going to be and visa versa.
I must admit that I used to get a bit nervous playing in a guitar shop when trying out different instruments, but I seem to have overcome that and can play quite fluently in front of the store assistants and manager.

I have a feeling Chris, that those days are behind us. We've done it now, got past that first hurdle and know what to expect. So I should say with a couple of good days practise we'll be OK.

Are you free on Sunday :?: :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4