Clear all

My contribution.

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@matthew)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Here's a bunch of tabs I started out with a few months ago. Some of them are a little more challenging than others.

The neat part about these tabs is they have all the lyrics and as long as you use a font where all characters are the same width (Lucida Console for example) the chords should line up PRETTY close to where they should be changed.

I have a terrible memory so I tended to have to rewrite 1/2 done tab over all the lyrics so I could play the whole song. I just noticed China Grove hasn't been done yet. Oh well.

SO, to help out others like me here's a rather eclectic group of songs...

Oh yeah, They are the authors own work and for educational purposes only... *not sure if that's needed but it's there*

http://www.zevdev.com/tabs/

Don't bookmark, I don't know how long i'm going to leave them there. I might add more, if I do I'll probably post them here too.

Oh yeah, some are Capoed and I don't have it there because I only used them myself, sorry about that =/.

This are some I _THINK_ I remember now...
"If I Am" capo 5th fret
"Front porch looking in" is 3rd fret

"Now people put you down for the way that you lived
But those people never knew you the way that I did
Don't be ashamed of who you were of how you died
I know you just wanted to find the brighter side..." - OPM

- Matthew

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Thanks Matthew

There are some pretty cool songs there, especially China Grove. I'm gonna give a few a try.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Nice list! What do you use for a strum pattern on Nautical Disaster(the last song on the list?)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@matthew)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Nautical Disaster

Hrm, I don't really know off hand. Let me try to figure it out... It changes throughout for me at least.

Hrm, ok this is how I tend to do it...

This song is done pretty fast, so I jam a lot of strums in there. It seems to be like this...

Em---------------D------------------G
1+2+3+4+5+6 1+2+3+4+5+6 1+2+3+4+5+6
D-UUD-UUDDU D-UUD-UUDDU D-UUD-UUDDU

Later in the song where it picks up, or if i'm just in a harder mood I might throw another down in the pause and get this...

1+2+3+4+5+6 1+2+3+4+5+6 1+2+3+4+5+6
DDUUDDUUDDU DDUUDDUUDDU DDUUDDUUDDU

OR, I'll play the first one and throw in a few bars of the second here and there. Also, at place like "off the coast of France, dear." I'll hit the D twice down and let it ring a bit. Because after there you gotta really get into the song.

I've never described this before so I hope that was ok.

Just incase I added an mp3 of me banging out the first verse on my el'cheepo Yamaha, using a microsoft mic to record, to the directory. I'm sure you can do better. =)

http://www.zevdev.com/tabs/

- Matthew

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Nice playing Matt! You ought to post that @ the Hear Here forum. Thanks for the Lesson it's always easier for me when I hear a strum pattern rather than seeing it written down.

P.S. I had a dream where I relished the fray, the screaming filled my head all day

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@lunarist)
Trusted Member

What is the url for the Hear Here forum?

Thanks,

Lunarist

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Quite a mix you have there. Blue Rodeo - I'm impressed.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

What is the url for the Hear Here forum?

Thanks,

Lunarist

You'll find it here: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=cb5a1c6e1546c3ee3980db368892241f

or Hear, when you go to the Guitarnoise.com forums index under In the Studio

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@matthew)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Quite a mix you have there. Blue Rodeo - I'm impressed.

I heard once if you can, you should learn as many songs as you can. Because if the song exists, someone probably likes it, and someone might ask you to play it one day.

Wait I read that here! :D

- Matthew

ReplyQuote
(@mikeo)
Trusted Member

Excellent selection, Matthew! :D I'll be wearing out strings learning these.

"Da*n your bolt-brained bearings!" Rod Gallowglass to his faithful, epileptic robot, Fess.

"As you wander through life, wherever you go, keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole." -- Paul Osteen (brother of Joel Osteen)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If the song exists, someone probably likes it, and someone might ask you to play it one day.

Wait I read that here! :D

And if someone does ask you to play it, you never know, that may just be your shot.....so you better play it well!!!

So pick that guitar back up and get busy!!!!

there is absolutely no substitute for hard work and practise.....some-one once said to the great golfer, Jack Nicklaus, "I've never seen a luckier golfer than you".....his reply was something along the lines of "Funny that, the more I practise the luckier I get".......

:D :D :D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Thanks bro,

China Grove is cool.

Kido

ReplyQuote