Clear all

REquest: PF- Mother

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jpinma)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Anyone out there have the strumming pattern and chords for Pink Floyd's song Mother?

I am a beginner and looking for songs with an easy chord progression for practice.

Thanks!!

Jeff

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are mearly players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience, outside the guilded cage" - now was that Rush or Shakesphere?

(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

try:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/pink_floyd/the_wall/mother_tab.txt

its got all the right chords for you.

strum pattern,,,hmmm long time since i played it!

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@jpinma)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Excellent!

Thanks .. anyone know the strum pattern. I have tried earing it, but I can't seem to get it right.

Thanks again Matt!

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are mearly players, performers and portrayers, each another's audience, outside the guilded cage" - now was that Rush or Shakesphere?

ReplyQuote
(@zardog)

Try this one (I'm new here, but play this song a lot... ) Not sure if my notation is standard, but I D = Down, U = Up, M = mute strum

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

D UM D U D U D

On the up of the first beat the mute it kinda played like a quick brush up and then mute with your palm

On the 3+4+ Just play the upper notes and stay off the root.

Sometimes you can throw in a hammer on on the 2nd beat hammering from A to B on your A string.

The rest is pretty easy, but that's how I play the main part of the song... your milage may vary.

ReplyQuote