Notifications
Clear all

Springsteen request

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@shebo)
Topic starter  

I taped Bruce when he was on VH1's Storytellers. There were two songs that interested me by the way he played them. "Rising" and "Brilliant diguise". Both of these songs seem very simple 2, 3 or 4 chord songs but the way he played broken chords and the rythym he put into it made them sound very interesting. I watched and watched the video over and over trying to pick up the chords and how he played them but was unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone else figured it out or if David might be interested in doing a lesson on these two songs?

(@alpier)

Hello.

There is an article in the current issue of Acoustic Guitar Magazine (with Foo Fighters on the cover) about the Boss. It has some chord progressions and tunings to acoustic versions of several of his songs including "Devils and Dust", "Tunnel of Love" and a few others. It does not have the 2 you requested but I thought I'd pass this info along.

Keep Rockin' :-)

Al Piercey

ReplyQuote
(@shebo)
Topic starter  

Thanks. I just received the magazine and seen the article. I hope to learn some of his rythym techniques and hand muting techniques to try and apply it to the songs I want to learn to play. Hopefully I'll get some insight.

ReplyQuote