Clear all

old man request(greendale version)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@danabis)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

does anyone have the tab and some instruction on how to play the version of this song that neil plays with his acousitc during a few of his acoustic tale of greendale shows? thanks

(@lumpi)

I just listened to Old Man of his Oslo and Bergen show of the Accoustic Greendale Tour 2004. His guitar is downtuned a whole tone. Maybe his voice doesn't reach that high anymore, as in the 1970ies. There is a beginner lesson here on guitar noise of Old Man. Did you have a look at it? Neil plays a little more single note appregios on the greendale show than on harvest for example (or on the guitar noise lesson, which is close the the harvest version). I hope this helps. I'm not good at tabbing out songs. If anyone tabbed out any of the Greendale show songs, I would be interested too.

ReplyQuote
(@danabis)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks lumpi. i have been learning old man from guitarnoise for the past few days. and i will take what you've said and just play around with it until i get the sound of neil's version during his greendale recordings. i actually kinda like the greendale version better than his earlier ones for whatever reason. anyways thanks for the tips

ReplyQuote